ATI has three employees working on FOSS Linux drivers

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Wed Jul 15 19:48:22 UTC 2009

Hi Dotan,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 17:34, Dotan Cohen<dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is why I buy ATI video and not Nvidia:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzM4Mg
>
> Support the companies who support Linux. Buy ATI.

If only... since they laid off half of their driver developers earlier
this year and removed half of their cards from the current driver,
this is hardly a company I can support right now. Still no running
fglrx driver for the HD 3650 series, and this was one of the most sold
cards in Thinkpads... so much for caring for their Linux customers :(

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org