Q: how to stop mouse wheel scrolling though desktops?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 22:59:22 UTC 2009

D. R. Evans wrote:
> Garry Knight said the following at 07/11/2009 04:30 PM :
>
>> D. R. Evans wrote:
>>

>>> Ever since moving to jaunty, whenever I move the mouse wheel while
>>> positioned on a desktop, I get moved to another desktop.
>>>
>> In System Settings, Window Behaviour, Window Actions, there's a drop-down
>> menu for "Mouse Wheel". Is that set to "Move to Previous/Next Desktop" by
>> any chance?
>>

> Nope. It's set to "Nothing".
>
>   Doc

Are you running compiz?  If so, you may have the "Viewport Switcher"
enabled under the "Desktop" section and the scrollwheel activated
there.  I've set mine have the scrollwheel down move to the next
viewport (button 5), and the scrollwheel up move to the previous
viewport (button 4).  You might check if you have anything set to use
buttons 4 or 5 in that plugin.  If you do, set them to something else
and the scrollwheel should stop moving you between viewports.

Paul