4 updates held back for 3 weeks...

Johnny Ernst Nielsen j_e_n_pub at yahoo.dk
Fri Jul 10 10:14:53 UTC 2009

Greetings Eberhard and Mr. Sinclair.

Fredag den 10. juli 2009 kvad Eberhard Roloff:
> Johnny Ernst Nielsen schrieb:
> > linux-generic
> > linux-headers-generic
> > linux-image-generic
> > linux-restricted-modules-generic
> >
> > Why?
> >
> > And how to resolve?
> >
> > I use apt-get on the command line.
> >
> > Best regards :o)
> >
> > Johnny :o)
>
> This worked for me, anytime updates were indicated to be
> held back.
>

> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> The last command usually triggers the updates that where
> held back.

Thanks to Mr. Sinclair, aptitude tells me that it wants to install 4
NEW packages:

linux-headers-2.6.28-13{a}
linux-headers-2.6.28-13-generic{a}
linux-image-2.6.28-13-generic
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.28-13-generic

If I leave my sources unchanged, will dist-upgrade upgrade to 9.10
come october, if I issue the above 3 commands?

I don't want that.

I want 9.04 updated with bugfixes and securityfixes on a daily basis.
Installing new packages to fix bugs and security issues in 9.04 is fine
by me, as long as dist-upgrade keeps me at 9.04 at all times.

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)