Disk Space Widget

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 10 01:46:18 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 02:30:28 pm Thomas Olsen wrote:

> > > That would be nice. And the ability to change the colors used would
> > > please the eyes ;-) That pink color is kind of an eye sour on my
> > > desktop.
> >
> > I am not sure I understand your reference to that Pink Color.  By right-
> > clicking on the desktop and clicking on Appearance Settings, I got a
> > window for changing the Desktop themes.  They are constantly changing, so
> > you probably won't be able to view my desktop.  Its name is 106251-
> > vladstudio_rainblw_butterfly_1600x1200.  Then I chose the Theme "ioNIZEd
> > Air". I had to download that too.  It is a beautiful desktop,   I
> > probably don't get the offensive pink you talk about.  If you don't mind
> > the download time, reply and let me know.  I will sent a Screen Shot of
> > my desktop to show you what I mean.  the .png is too large for a posting.
>
> Sorry. I was thinking about the memusage widget. My bad.
>
> --
> Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen
>
>   Thomas Olsen
>
> Til uvedkommende, der læser med: Der er ingen grund til at læse min mail.
> Jeg har intet at gøre med FARC, al-Jihad, al-Qaida, Hamas, Hizb
> al-Mujahidin eller ETA.
> Jeg har aldrig gjort Zakat, går ikke ind for Istishad, har ikke lavet en
> bilbombe eller kernevåben og jeg ved dårligt nok, hvad Al Manar og бомба
> betyder.
> Men tak for den udviste interesse
I am not sure there is one.  There is a CPU monitor that is interesting. I
have a quad with 8gb memory, so the CPU monitor is interesting.  Right now it
is scraping the bottom of the chart.  I seem to remember a memory usage
monitor, but it doesn't appear anymore.  Perhaps a google of widgets will find
it.  When I tried it, it wasn't useful to me, nor is the CPU monitor, just
interesting.  Disk space and temperature are another matter.  Also the network
monitor is important for me.  It shows both up and download at the same time
in different colors, so if you need to make adjustments in configuration it
helps reveal the problem.  I use it a lot.

Steven