Kmail starts at login

Jason Straight jason at jeetkunedomaster.net
Wed Jul 8 02:21:59 UTC 2009

On 07/07/2009 02:02 PM, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 July 2009 18:33:32 Clay Weber wrote:

>>> That would take care of it but it's just a workaround. I always close
>>> down (Quit) Kontakt when I log out but I would like other apps to start
>>> again at login.
>>>
>> It is, in a way, as by selecting "start with an empty session' you clear
>> out whatever is set to run in that session, thereby removing Kontact from
>> the setup , which somehow became 'stuck' thinking the session includes
>> Kontact. Then, once you have a fresh clean session after a logout/login,
>> you can re- enable saved sessions. Afiak, this is the easiest way to clear
>> out problem sessions.
>>
>> Now, if you also look at the session management section in System Settings,
>> you can also very easily specify programs to be excluded from sessions
>>

> Thanks Clay. I'll give it a try.

Yeah, that's the best way to do it. I gave up on session handling in
KDE, I use the autostart preferences to start the things I want at
startup, no more stuck programs in the session.

Also frustrating are the things that might be started up that you may
not even notice because they don't open a window.