Kmail starts at login

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Tue Jul 7 16:33:32 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 11:23:38 am Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 July 2009 14:48:24 Clay Weber wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 July 2009 6:56:13 am Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I've tried to find the thread regarding this but to no avail. My
> > > problem is the same. When I login to KDE kmail starts automatically.
> > > Someone suggested to remove Contacts from krunners plugins if using
> > > dIMAP for Contacts. I did so but kmail still starts.
> > > The I had to go elsewhere and now I cannot find the thread regarding
> > > this. And I don't have kmail in Autostart :-)
> >
> > Check out the Session Manager in System Settings' Advanced tab.  Turn of
> > saved sessions there. That should take care of that
>
> That would take care of it but it's just a workaround. I always close down
> (Quit) Kontakt when I log out but I would like other apps to start again at
> login.
It is, in a way, as by selecting "start with an empty session' you clear out
whatever is set to run in that session, thereby removing Kontact from the
setup , which somehow became 'stuck' thinking the session includes Kontact.
Then, once you have a fresh clean session after a logout/login, you can re-
enable saved sessions. Afiak, this is the easiest way to clear out problem
sessions.

Now, if you also look at the session management section in System Settings,
you can also very easily specify programs to be excluded from sessions

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net