Task not visible after 4.2.95 upgrade

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:07:59 UTC 2009

2009/7/6 Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev at gmail.com>:
> On Saturday 04 July 2009 23:27:00 Thomas Olsen wrote:
>> On Friday 03 July 2009 17:16:52 Georgi Kourtev wrote:
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > After the upgrade to 4.2.95 I don't have the tasks visible on the panel
>> > at the bottom of the screen. The appropriate widget is active. Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > gk
>>
>> I did a reboot and things appear to work. No guarantees ;-)
>
> I did reboot several times. Also did the upgrade on the home PC -- the same
> issue.
> gk

the widget is called "task manager" :
right click desktop
unlock widgets (if locked)
add widget
look for task manager
make sure there is no red minus beside it, it doesn't exist anwhere on
your desktop
if it does, click te minus to remove it.
if not, click the mouse on it, and keep the button held down, and drag
it to the panel you want to put it at, and release the mouse.
voila, you have a task manager!
if it's not added to a panel, it may look weird, be careful.
my advice is not to have 2 of these widgets. the behaviour is
annoying, and plasma is already flaky, it can crash the plasma
workspace

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems