9.04: is KDE 4.2 ever making it to 8.10?

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:17:17 UTC 2009

On 01/29/2009 Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>  However, in answer to part of their question, "is KDE 4.2
> ever making it to 8.10":
>
> <Quote from http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2 >
>
> The updated packages for Kubuntu 8.10 are located in the Kubuntu
> Experimental Software Personal Package Archive (PPA) repository.

The PPA is actually 4.1.96.  It is very unstable with kmail 1.11 which
is probably the program I use the most.  I have heard from Mandravia and
FC users that the real 4.2 is much more stable.

I am hoping and guessing that Kubuntu 9.04 beta will be much more usable
  than the current state of 8.10.  I am skipping 8.10 completely on my
production boxes.