medibuntu

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Jan 30 20:23:59 UTC 2009

On Friday 30 January 2009 1:27:13 am P Kapat wrote:

> > Replace the "www" with "packages" - it's http://packages.medibuntu.org
> > I just went into the hardy packages from firefox in New Jersey.
> >
> > Alan
>
> If you look at this place:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
> All the wgets give you files containing the following (similarly for
> GG,II,JJ) repos
>
> deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ hardy free non-free
>
> And yes, hardy packages can be manually downloaded, so they are there....

OK, its not the ISP or my router.  It is the one machine.  Other machines on
the same network Will connect to either http://packages.medibuntu.org
orhttp://www.medibuntu.org via browser.  this machine will not and it gives
in firefox "Firefox can't find the server at www.medibuntu.org." and "Firefox
can't find the server at packages.medibuntu.org."  Konqueror on this machine
gives, "Unknown host www.medibuntu.org" and "Unknown host
packages.medibuntu.org"  yet either browser will go anyplace else on the web
with no problem.  Originally like I stated earlier it was the Update Manager
which would not get the package lists for medibuntu a couple days ago. There
is no firewall on this machine but something stops everything on it from
accessing either of those addresses.  This is just weird.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org