9.04: is KDE 4.2 ever making it to 8.10?

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Fri Jan 30 00:34:23 UTC 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 4:18:09 pm Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> Why?  Is there a chance to get some not-yet-ready stuff over the
> experimental repository?

Yes, such as the 4.2betas and rc's recently before the official release of 4.2,
and possibly betas for 4.3 (I am not sure on that for Intrepid, though). It is
the way Kubuntu has provided the Latest and Greatest for a while now as they
can't by Ubuntu policy add new versions of stuff to an existing release for the
most part.

> Are the main updates now organised through this
> ppa?
No, not at all. This repo is unsupported, though created by the Kubuntu
Packaging Ninjas(tm). Main updates, such as the recent KDE4.1.4 for Intrepid
were in the normal update channels and are supported.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net