9.04: is KDE 4.2 ever making it to 8.10?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Jan 30 00:09:57 UTC 2009

Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

> I haven't kept the whole thread so I can't quote the OP from local
> directories. However, in answer to part of their question, "is KDE 4.2
> ever making it to 8.10":
>
> <Quote from http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2 >
>
> The updated packages for Kubuntu 8.10 are located in the Kubuntu
> Experimental Software Personal Package Archive (PPA) repository. To
> update to KDE 4.2, please follow these instructions:
> The answer is "Yes."

The answer is absolutely NO.  A PPA is explicitly NOT release software, and
Kubuntu 8.10 is never going to have KDE 4.2.  It just barely manages to have
4.1.4.

Far more interesting is the question of whether 9.04 is ever going to have
4.2 - it's supposed to, but I'm not sure it'll make it in the end.