Resolution problem with KDE 4.2 under Gutsy

Jan Michelsburg technowizard at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 23:45:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a problem with adjusting the resolution permanently under KDE 4.2.
Everytime KDE starts, the resolution is the highest possible resolution of
1280x1024 instead of 1024x768 like it was set. If I open the configuration
program the resoltion instantly changes to the wanted 1024x768, but is reseted
after a reboot. How can I prevent this from happening? Cause the refresh rate
is too low at the higher resolution and causes headache and is hurting my
eyes.

Jan