medibuntu

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Thu Jan 29 17:47:06 UTC 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 17:56, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2009 8:21:01 am Tycho Andersen wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Pastor JW
> >
> > <pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org> wrote:
> > > Anyone have any idea what happened to the medibuntu repositories for
> > > hardy?  I don't find anything at their address at all using
> > > http://www.medibuntu.org Is this the wrong address now?  Seemed to have
> > > quit a couple days ago according to my Update Manager.
> >
> > This page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu still seems to
> > have Hardy listed. Have you confirmed that something didn't get
> > changed with your sources.list/sources.list.d?
>
>  No my list is unchanged.  Notice the address given on those pages as to
> where the repository resides?  ...that is the address which no longer
> works. Hardy itself being a LTS should continue to be supported awhile but
> medibuntu may not be.  Still since the medibuntu addresses for Jackalope
> and Ibex are the same as Heron's, I expect they are not available either.
> Notice all of them start out with  " http://www.medibuntu.org "?  It is
> this server that is missing, not the instructions, I sorry I wasn't more
> clear.

The link above still works ok for me, and my /etc/apt/sources.list.d is as
below, and still works ok on Hardy.

deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ hardy free non-free

Just to check it out I'm currently downloading w32codecs with apt-get, so
there appears to be no problem with the medibuntu repo.

Nigel.