Fixed addresses for 8.04?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:33:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 17:24 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I am trying to get a box with 8.04 on it, set up for a fixed network address.
>
> Since it appears that the normal configuration (ifcfg-eth0 and friends) files
> have been deprecated and NM is doing it all, so how can I make it use a fixed
> local address?  Setting the hostname and hosts files up correctly doesn't do
> it. NM apparently ignores everything but the hostname.

It also has problems with domainname. Set it in NM, restart the network
and type in a terminal window "domainname" and see if it doesn't come up
blank. I finally put "domainname wayward4now.net" in /etc/rc.local to
fix it. :( Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987