choppy .mov in kaffeine

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:28:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 13:21 -0500, David McGlone wrote:
> Has anyone experienced playing choppy sound with .mov files  played with
> kaffeine or dragon player? They play fine in vlc and Mplayer, but I can't
> stand Mplayer, I want to use Kaffeine.
>
> I've googled and tried all kinds of things and I can't figure out why the
> sound just keeps cutting in and out only on .mov files.
>
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks,

I was dinking with Xine's setup and it all went to heck. So I went into
the .xine directory, renamed config to config.orig and then cranked up
xine again. It now works just fine. Since Kaffine uses Xine as it's
engine, quite possibly you may have broken something when editing
Kaffine's setup. It's worth a shot. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987