How to get back the Adept 'update manager' on the panel?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:26:50 UTC 2009

Dear everybody

Last week I managed to reinstall the panel of Kubuntu 8.10, thanks to help
from this forum. But this morning I saw a text balloon the 'Adept update
notifier' ( '... updates available') at a quite unusual place: at the very
top left of the screen. I could even not click on it, in order to set the
Adept update manager into motion.
For now, I solved the problem via the terminal commands 'apt-get update' and
'apt-get upgrade'.  However, I would prefer to get back the update notifier
at the panel. Does anyone have a clue how to do so?
Respectfully yours,
Bas.
--
Viaconsensus