viewing imagemagick docs

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 27 21:30:18 UTC 2009

On 01/27/2009 07:11 AM, Paul S wrote:
> Paul S said the following on 01/27/2009 10:07 AM:
>> I'm trying to view imagemagick docs in
>> /usr/share/doc/imagemagick/index.html and the web browser disappears
>> when I click on it or try to open it in the terminal.  I say disappears
>> instead of crash, because 'ps aux | grep firef (or opera or konqueror)
>> shows it's still running.
>>
>> I've tried firefox, konqueror and opera, and get the same experience. Is
>> there voodoo in those docs.  Can anyone try this and see if you have the
>> same problem?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> I just noticed the same thing happens when I visit imagemagick.org.
> Could you check there too?
>
> TIA

Works for me; hardy Fx 3.0.5 and SeaMonkey/2.0a3pre.

Sounds like you may have a Fx issue. Close Fx and then rename your
~/.mozilla/firefox:

$ mv ~/.mozilla/firefox ~/.mozilla/x-firefox-x

Then restart Fx. When you get the import popup, select the 'don't import
anything'. That will create a new default Fx profile. Test your
imagemagick. If it works, then you know that the problem is with your
previous profile. Remove the test profile, move your old Fx profile back
& you can then troubleshoot from there.