Grousing - feel free to ignore

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Jan 27 20:07:11 UTC 2009

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2009 5:21:56 pm Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>

>> I just hadn't really planned on a full migration just yet. I was
>> thinking by 9.10. 4.1 is usable even with the things I'm not so crazy
>> about. I guess the signature says it all.
>>
>> 4.2 is due out any time so I think I will just leave well enough alone
>> till then. It should be in the repos in a few days. If not, then 9.04 is
>> just around the corner. I can live with it at least that long.
>>

> Well, I take back my original statement anyway.  Everything in 4.2 works
> better and is more stable than 4.1... except the stuff I use the most...
> quick launch which seems unconfigurable[1], and kmail which constantly
> crashes.
>
> [1] yeah, you can write your own .desktop files, but unlike older versions,
> you can't configure auto-additon by popularity or drag and drop icons.

Well, at least there's one bit of semi-good news. Quick Launch is coming
back......slowly. That was the one thing I missed most in 4.1. The
"Quick Launch" widget that someone pointed to wouldn't load because I
have 8.10-64 and it was only 32 bit. At least that was the error message
that popped up. In-com-pat-able.

--
- - Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.