Kubuntu forum and a broken APT + Adept - Help needed

rohit bavdekar bd.rohit.computer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 08:29:27 UTC 2009

After recently switching from a windows platform to Kubuntu, I tried
to register on the user forum maintained there. For some reason I've
been blocked from posting messages. The IP probably was alloted to
someone who must've tried to hack the site or post some rubbish. Any
ideas on how I can get back on? It's too much of a pain to get my ISP
to change my IP address.

Another chaos is that the Adept installer has crashed. I've tried to
repair it thru sudo apt-get install, but somewhere down the line it
requires an http page. How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks all.