SOLVED: How to access the memory card of a Kodak C330 digital camera via Kubuntu 8.10?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 15:42:03 UTC 2009

Dear Eberhard, Bruce, Jonas and Everybody

Thanks for your quick replies. I already solved the problem.

>> You would do best to try  Digikam.    It will allow you to specify a camera
>> (if supported) or it will to an 'auto-detect' of the camera.

In the mean time, I have done so. It worked exactly as you wrote here above.

With respect to your problem, Jonas:
> While i in Kubuntu Hardy and KDE3 i could download my photos to
> digikam from within digikam but in Intrepid and KDE4 i cant and i now
> use a card reader to import my photos to digikam. I don't know if it a
> bug or if it's just me.
Though I also use Kubuntu Intrepid with KDE 4, the autodetect and
import/ export function of Digikam works out of the box. I only use
the camera, a USB port and a special interface in between.
I installed Digikam as follows:
* K Menu> Applications > Add/ Remove software (Adept installer).
* Within Adept, I gave in 'Digikam' in the search function.
* 2 closely interrelated packages showed up: Digikam and ShowFoto.
* I installed BOTH of them.

In your situation, I would advise you to act as follows. First
UNINSTALL your existing Digikam package(s).
Than act in the way I explained above.
Respectfully yours,

Bas.

--