How to access the memory card of a Kodak C330 digital camera via Kubuntu 8.10?

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Jan 26 14:01:51 UTC 2009

Bas Roufs wrote:

> I checked the camera and device at the Windows XP partition of this
> desktop PC. There, I did manage to access the photo's, to download
> them at the disk and to empty the memory card in the camera. However,
> I still would prefer to carry out such action via Linux/ Kubuntu 8.10.
> Can anyone give me a clue on how to do so?
>
> Respectfully yours,
>
> Bas.

Hi Bas,

two possible solutions:
1.
-Start digicam (if you do not have it installed, install it before
starting it. ;-) )
-Klick on "import" and then find your way through adding your camera
model and finally try to import your fotos.

2. Buy a usb cardreader, be sure that the type of flashcard that your
camera uses is supported, connect it via usb, insert your camera's flash
card and then access your fotos like you do it with a harddisk.

Very simple and it saves energy that otherwise must come from your
camera's batteries.

Kind regards