How to access the memory card of a Kodak C330 digital camera via Kubuntu 8.10?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 13:44:32 UTC 2009

Dear Everybody

Today, I fruitlessly tried to access a digital camera, with a view to
downloading from there the photo files to the PC. The camera is a
'Kodak Easyshare C330'. I use a special interface cable meant to make
a connection between a USB port and the camera. However, nothing
happened - the device was not being recognised.
Than,  I acted as follows: K > system settings > advanced > digital
camera > option 'Add'. I came at a list of cameras at which I found
"Kodak C330".  Now, 'Kodak 330' is being mentioned within the 'digital
camera' menu. Some help menu advises me to look for a folder with the
address "camera:/'"; that address allegedly gives access to the photo
files. But I did not find it: not via Konqueror, also not via Dolphin.
On the other hand: via a CONTROL-F search I did find this file:
.kde/share.config/kio_camerarc. That file contains the following
script:
[Kodak C330]
Model=Kodak C330
Path=

However it may be, I still do not manage to access the camara and to
download the photo's, also not after a few times of restarting.

I checked the camera and device at the Windows XP partition of this
desktop PC. There, I did manage to access the photo's, to download
them at the disk and to empty the memory card in the camera. However,
I still would prefer to carry out such action via Linux/ Kubuntu 8.10.
Can anyone give me a clue on how to do so?

Respectfully yours,

Bas.

--
Viaconsensus