Enabled Wifi when there is no wire

Joel Oliver joelol75 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 26 01:25:54 UTC 2009

Arnaud bourree wrote:
> Yes, NetworkManager icon is wired icon when wire is plugged but it
> still display list of available wireless networks.
> What I expect is to automatically switch off wifi when wired and
> switch on when unplugged
>
> Arnaud.
You will have to use the hotkeys to manually switch off the wifi (Adds
battery life as well)

Some like the toshibas have an actual switch whereas the Dells have A
Function key + F2 to turn it off.  The only other thing I could think of
is some tricky scripts to load/unload the wifi modules on demand, but
this can be pretty complicated and specific to the model and card type
of the notebook.

Joel.