Kichensync and KAddressbook encoding

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Sun Jan 25 12:12:11 UTC 2009


Hello all,

I am running Kubuntu 8.04.2 with KDE 3.5.10.

I am trying to synchronize my Nokia E71 with KDE-PIM using Kitchensync and
opensync over Bluetooth.

Most of my contacts are in Hebrew, and after the synchronization, when I
open the KAddresbook, all the Hebrew characters show up as question marks.

I also noticed a similar problem in DigiKam's tags.\

It seems to have happened after I upgraded a few packages from the KDE4
PPA's repo for Hardy...

All the Locale fields are set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8

How do i fix this?

Also, is there a way to backup my digiKam tags tree?

Thanks!

.:====================================================:.

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746
Registered Linux User#: 201192 [http://counter.li.org/]
Registered Ubuntu User #12851 [http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:====================================================:.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/attachments/20090125/532bc3a8/attachment.html>


More information about the kubuntu-users mailing list