Kubuntu 8.10 System settings

Ken Baldry ken at art-science.com
Sat Jan 24 21:02:28 UTC 2009

Hi,
Help! I have just loaded this on a Samsung NC10. Under "System
Setting"/"Network", much of the stuff shown in the on-line manual is
missing. I need to configure my eth0 to a fixed IP address (because of
all the stuff on my network) & configure eth1 (wireless port) to get
onto wireless, either here or down the local caff.
On my other Linux machine (ancient Pentium III), I have Mandrive 2008.1
but that won't load at all on the Samsung. Would be grateful for any hints.
Ken
--
Ken Baldry @ ken at art-science.com 020 7359 6294
17 Gerrard Road, Islington, London N1 8AY