Asus EEEpc 1000

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Jan 24 19:07:50 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have the latest version of Kubuntu install on a Asus EEEpc
>>> 1000, I'm mainly concerned about the Ralink RT2970 Wireless card.
>>> Does the Wireless have a driver for it ?
>>>

>> You could install Eeebuntu and then install the KDE desktop.
>>

> Can you select desktop during install or after install ?
> How would you do it.

Install Eeebuntu. Open Synaptic. Install KDE.

On boot you should be able to choose the desktop manager. I believe
default is the last used so once your into KDE and shut down it should
be the default desktop.

I'm sure if I missed something someone else will answer.

--
- -
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.