html mail (was: Re: How do I install a .bin...]

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 24 03:03:19 UTC 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 3:25:33 am Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>  > On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
> Dear Steven,
>
> please be so kind and switch off HTML-Mail.
>
> Your answers come in a "nicely styled and coloured font" and on my PC
> (thunderbird on Kubuntu 8.10,) the font size might be around 16 (way to
> large)
>
> In case that it is just me, please accept my apologies.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

Settings Configuration Kmail.

Under Message Window I unchecked show HTML status bar.
Under Appearance I did not have and still don't have Show HTML status bar.
Under Security Reading, I did not have and still don't have Prefer HTML to
plain text checked.

Those are the only references to HTML in the configuration of kmail.  I don't
use Thunderbird anymore.  Is there a possibility that it is in your
configuration?  If not, where do I look for the switch for HTML-Mail?

Sorry friend.  I didn't even know that Under Message Window was checked.  I
hope that fixed the problem.  Otherwise, I don't know what to do.

Steven

You never need appologize to me.  I am sorry for the problem.  When I changed
the color of the font, it was to draw attention to that part of the data.
Does that automatically change an email to HTML?