Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine? "Not resolved but taken to another Forum"all solutions same none work

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Jan 22 23:37:18 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2009 12:34:43 pm Billie Walsh wrote:
>
>> If WINE is installed and working properly just pop open Dolphin,
>> navigate to where the file, fulltiltsetup.exe, is located and double
>> click the file. Follow the instructions in the setup.
>>
> Hi Billie,
>
> This is a new way for me to try the same thing.  It didn't work.  It started
> to install and went trough one progress window and stopped near the end of
> the second progress window.  There it behaves like it has crashed.  When
> attempting to install using the shell, there are two fixit's mentioned.  I
> have been inquiring around to see if there is a work around.  A similar need
> was indicated by a gamer for a video game, but not for FullTiltSetup.  As you
> are aware, I cannot communicat with gurus, so I guess I will have to give up
> as far as the List is concerned and bang my head against the gamer gurus.
>
> I am pretty sure it is worth the trouble just for what I learn in the process.
>
> Thanks for your contributions.
>
> Steven

It may be something that the program requires from Windows that WINE
can't provide. I've found a few that do pretty much the same thing your
talking about. It usually doesn't matter to much because I keep a
Windows machine for those things that I can't do in Linux.

WINE today does a _MUCH_ better job than it did just a couple years ago
so in time...........

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.