Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine? "Not resolved but taken to another Forum"all solutions same none work

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 23:13:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 12:34:43 pm Billie Walsh wrote:
> If WINE is installed and working properly just pop open Dolphin,
> navigate to where the file, fulltiltsetup.exe, is located and double
> click the file. Follow the instructions in the setup.
Hi Billie,

This is a new way for me to try the same thing.  It didn't work.  It started
to install and went trough one progress window and stopped near the end of
the second progress window.  There it behaves like it has crashed.  When
attempting to install using the shell, there are two fixit's mentioned.  I
have been inquiring around to see if there is a work around.  A similar need
was indicated by a gamer for a video game, but not for FullTiltSetup.  As you
are aware, I cannot communicat with gurus, so I guess I will have to give up
as far as the List is concerned and bang my head against the gamer gurus.

I am pretty sure it is worth the trouble just for what I learn in the process.

Thanks for your contributions.

Steven