Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 23:01:45 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 10:52:35 am John Hubbard wrote:

> As I think I said in my other (rather lengthy post) wine is 'in your
> path' and the shell will find it. You should cd to the location of
> FullTiltSetup.exe. Then type
>
>  > wine FullTiltSetup.exe

steven at Studio25:~$ cd ~/Desktop
steven at Studio25:~/Desktop$ wine FullTiltSetup.exe
fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet supported.
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x3228ac) using GetSystemInfo()

I chose English, next the installation started to proceed.  It froze on the
second progress window.  Is there any work around for the fixme comments?

Steven