Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 21:52:27 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 9:55:26 pm Billie Walsh wrote:

> > John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
> > http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf

This is a very sad post.  I don't understand why it was included, but I will
pray for those involved.  He seemed such a wonderful boy.  Many times in my
live I have lived in a way that doesn't deserve the life the boy should have
had.  It is difficult to understand why.  But according to my beliefs, if he
was a Christian, it is a reward, for living on this earth, especially under
the conditions which we live, it is not a difficult choice between here and
paradise.  And I still love my life here.  My concern is for those who are
grieving, and I can't do much but pray for them.  I will.  I am very sorry
for your loss.
> > <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf>
>
> Yes.
>
> In my experience with Windows programs if it is properly installed in
> WINE it will put an icon on your desktop.

Right now, I am not sure if Wine is properly installed.  I keep updating my
computer, so if things are missing, I don't know why.

> Be aware that not all Windows programs will run in WINE [ winehq,org ].
> I've had some pretty good luck but................

I am also aware of that, however, it tried to install when I knew from another
attempt indicated missing files, that the missing files are the probable
reason.  The package is not a necessary thing, and I don't even gamble.  I
just got interested in the play when I saw a TV program about it.  I am
always alone and thought it might be a way to spend a little time.