Free Downtown Dayton Internet service.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 18:48:30 GMT 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 8:58:05 am Derek Broughton wrote:

> using a "Hotspot" system, which in various ways meters your usage and bills
> you.

Apparently I am in the Dayton Hotspot area.  And, I won't steal service
knowingly ever.  Nonetheless, in the past months, I have been conserving
water in every way possible because I live on a low fixed income, so I know
my comsumption is way down, and I just got a 50% increase in my bill,
claiming I am using more water.  I am embarrassed to say that I have been
even flushing every other time to save water and don't have any leaks, so I
know they just raised the prices to meet their needs.

In my case it is unfair.  Each year I get a small adjustment in my income. It
amounts to about $8 per month this year.  Food has gone up 30 to 40% if you
eat real food, like fresh stuff and not packaged fat and sugar, and
everything else is also increased.  The increase in the cost of food has
already in two months taken up all of the annual increase that came in my
social security.  The increase that the ISP was trying to make was 25%.  The
only thing that hasn't gone up is my house payment.  So I am going to take
advantage of the hot spot if I am able.

> You can connect to any signal you can find that is "open" - if your city
> provides "Free" wifi, then you can connect to it.

I live in a low income neighborhood, the only signal I can see is the city's.

Thanks for the info.

Steven