How do I install a .bin. I downloaded a Java plugin needed to run some tests by the isp.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 20:58:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 10:12:42 am John Hubbard wrote:
> > ls -l /home/steven/Desktop/jre-6u11-linux-i586.bin

steven at Studio25:~$ ls -l /home/steven/Desktop/jre-6u11-linux-i586.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 steven steven 20106959 2009-01-21 12:37 /home/steven/Desktop/jre-6u11-linux-i586.bin
steven at Studio25:~$

Another poster said that it should read '6full', but I don't remember anything but cutting and pasting the information, so is that correct or just logical?

I just went to a shell that I had entered correctly for installation, I believe.  It explained the need for some files.  I copied what was written and sent it to the person who was helping me.  It kept repeating a task over and over.  I was away from that shell for an hour or more.  I went back because of your current advice to see what was missing.  By now there were so many attempts at repeating the selfsame data, that I couldn't even return to the beginning of the command to see the mission files.  I shut it off immediately because I wondered if it was using up disk space and could run me out of disk.

If you understand my explanation in the previous paragraph, please tell me what to do.

I think I know the proper command to install the package using the shell, but I also think I am missing some necessary .dll files to complete the task.  I am unsure how to get those files and then how to put them into the wine program.

Steven