How do I install a .bin. I downloaded a Java plugin needed to run some tests by the isp.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 20:38:54 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 8:47:30 am Derek Broughton wrote:

> Therefore:
> > less file.txt
>
> is equivalent to:
> > cat file.txt | less
>
> or even:
> > cat file.txt | less -
>
> (a single "-" often works in programs that don't normally read stdin to say
> that the input file _is_ stdin)
>
> I can't resist any longer: And that's more or less the whole thing...
>
> Once you've learned all this, then you get into file redirection...

You have me laughing.  Am I understanding you correctly:  when I want to know
less or more of something, I just precede the entry with the word less?  That
looks easier than the other two options.  I will have to think about the
stdin thing.  That is still over my head.

I am going to google file direction to try to get a step ahead of where I am,
more or less.

Thanks friend,

Steven