What are the firewalls present on a normal installation of hardy? **Problem RESOLVED** Thanks to all.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 18:07:36 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 3:43:06 pm Jonas Norlander wrote:

> I would try to test without the router and if its good then it's a bad
> router or some configuration in it. Ubuntu has a firewall, UFW,
> installed but as default it's disabled and i doubt it will have such
> impact on the bandwidth.

 It is kbps.  I am not running through the router right now.  The signal comes
directly through the telephone line, through the DSL modem, to the computer.

I am probably getting the correct readings.  70 kpbs is within the 384 to 768
range they supply when multiplying by 8 bits.  It is in the middle.  Just a
month ago, I had a different service and usually received about 160kpbs.  The
raised the rates past my ability to pay and I was downgraded.  It is quite a
reduction 50% for $5 per month.

I guess this problem is solved, although not happily.  Thanks for your
trouble.  The gain is I better understand this problem now.

Cordially,
Steven