Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine?

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 15:52:35 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Try typing in a terminal (or from the run command dialogue)
>> wine \path\to\program\playmoney.exe
>> Write back and let us know what errors you get.
>>

> steven at Studio25:~$ wine \path\to\program\FullTiltSetup.exe
> err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
> \\PROG~FBU\\SPEE~4WL\\sbbotdi.sys") not found
> err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
> wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\pathtoprogramFullTiltSetup.exe":
> Module not found
> steven at Studio25:~$
>
> What do I do?  Do I 'cd' to 'wine' then type in "import_dll Library TDI.SYS"?
> When you type in playmoney.exe, you really mean FullTiltSetup.exe, don't you?

As I think I said in my other (rather lengthy post) wine is 'in your
path' and the shell will find it. You should cd to the location of
FullTiltSetup.exe. Then type
 > wine FullTiltSetup.exe
(remember to try auto complete with the tab key.

--
-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.