Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 14:14:10 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 5:21:46 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> > steven at Studio25:~$ wine \path\to\program\playmoney.exe
>
> That path was only an example.  You need to substitute the actual path
> of the program.

steven at Studio25:~$ wine /Desktop/FullTiltSetup.exe
wine: cannot find '/Desktop/FullTiltSetup.exe'
steven at Studio25:~$ wine \Desktop\FullTiltSetup.exe
err:module:import_dll Library TDI.SYS (which is needed by L"C:
\\PROG~FBU\\SPEE~4WL\\sbbotdi.sys") not found
err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"sbbotdi" failed to load
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\DesktopFullTiltSetup.exe":
Module not found
steven at Studio25:~$

I first tried with forward slash, because the file is on my Linux Desktop.
Should it have been wine \home\steven\Desktop\FullTiltSetup.exe?

Steven