Is there some trick installing a .exe file using Wine?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Jan 22 02:55:26 GMT 2009

John DeCarlo wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Steven Vollom
> <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net <mailto:stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     I have been watching a poker program on late night TV, 2am.  They
>     suggest I
>     can play for free with playmoney.  I downloaded the package, which is
>     an .exe, but I don't know how to install it.  Can you help me.
>

> You don't need the command line, if you find that confusing.
>
> Click on "FullTiltPoker.exe"  - if "Wine" is installed, it will invoke
> it and install it for you.  Then it should show up in your menu, under
> Wine.
>
> Or, to be safe, go into the installer and search on "wine" and install
> it, if not installed.
>

> --
> John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf
> <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf>
Yes.

In my experience with Windows programs if it is properly installed in
WINE it will put an icon on your desktop.

Be aware that not all Windows programs will run in WINE [ winehq,org ].
I've had some pretty good luck but................

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.