Free Downtown Dayton Internet service.

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Jan 22 12:54:13 UTC 2009

On 01/22/2009 Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>  I am using such a setup over here in germany and the WLan-Provider
>  delivered my linksys wrt 54 router, which they beefed up with a
>  special firmware for the prupose.

Probably something like the DD-WRT firmware upgrade [
http://www.dd-wrt.com/ ].  We usually buy a Linksys wireless router and
install the new software. [ After the upgrade don't try to access with
IE - it won't work *<]:o)  ]

As I recall you have to reset the router to act as a client with the new
software to act as needed.

To see what routers are supported and what software to use you can go to

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Some D-Link routers can also be upgraded.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.