Openoffice.org 3 updates from PPA still broken

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 09:38:42 UTC 2009

2009/1/22 Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev at gmail.com>:
> By the way, is still the update broken? I cannot get it work still. Does
> anyone has success on that? OO works fine (but with a strange look) until
> openoffice.org-kde is installed and messes up all.
>
> Thanks.

It's still sort of broken. If you have openoffice.org-kde installed
you cant use the KDE file dialogs as they will not open when clicking
the file dialog button. Activating the OpenOffice dialogs in the
settings restores the function of the open file button but without KDE
dialogs. Another thing, it will often crash in the background leaving
zombie processes that you have to manually killed before you can start
OpenOffice again.

/ Jonas