Lost icon for desktops

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 02:41:22 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton said the following at 01/21/2009 06:28 PM :

> Yeah, but it adds a _blank_ panel.  I've lost my panel numerous times, and
> find the only thing to do is ctrl-alt-backspace, to kill X, and log in again.
> It's way simpler than trying to rebuild a panel.

Oh, right, I see now what you were saying. Right, in that case an X restart
is definitely the way to go. Communication is a wonderful thing.

I haven't been counting, but I think I have had to restart X at least half
a dozen times in intrepid. That's half a down times more than I had to
restart it in the prior 18 months or so :-( Something's definitely
regressed a bit in intrepid.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR