re grub error 17

Ray Burke rayburke30 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:59:26 UTC 2009

Herve I am in K,

I booted up with the k live cd, and once up then turned on the external usb disk drive
and did a $df -h  and a $df /boot see below
 rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$ df -h
Filesystem            Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1              18G  7.6G  9.0G  46% /
varrun                474M  160K  474M   1% /var/run
varlock               474M     0  474M   0% /var/lock
udev                  474M   88K  474M   1% /dev
devshm                474M     0  474M   0% /dev/shm
lrm                   474M   38M  437M   8% /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/volatile
/dev/sdb2              19G  6.2G   13G  34% /home
/dev/sda1              75G   39G   36G  52% /media/BKUP MAN
/dev/sdh1              75G   37G   38G  50% /media/BKUP MAN-1
rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$ df /boot
Filesystem           1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1             1 rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$ df -h
Filesystem            Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1              18G  7.6G  9.0G  46% /
varrun                474M  160K  474M   1% /var/run
varlock               474M     0  474M   0% /var/lock
udev                  474M   88K  474M   1% /dev
devshm                474M     0  474M   0% /dev/shm
lrm                   474M   38M  437M   8% /lib/modules/2.6.24-16-generic/volatile
/dev/sdb2              19G  6.2G   13G  34% /home
/dev/sda1              75G   39G   36G  52% /media/BKUP MAN
/dev/sdh1              75G   37G   38G  50% /media/BKUP MAN-1
rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$ df /boot
Filesystem           1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1             18034492   7909904   9397488  46% /
rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$
8034492   7909904   9397488  46% /
rayburke at rayburke-desktop:~$

so as you see the main xp pro is sda1 and the external usb is sdh1 and
only have one boot on sdb1?????
so await your advise

ray