How do I install a .bin. I downloaded a Java plugin needed to run some tests by the isp.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 21 21:51:20 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 1:56:48 pm Geoffrey Bays wrote:
> Try 'sudo sh.....'

I just did as you said.  This is the first time I changed to root.  It scared
me a bit, because I haven't worked in root much.  I am mostly scared because
I do not have confidence I know the correct address for the .bin.  It is on
my desktop, so if I enter:
chmod a+x /home/steven/Desktop/jre-6u11-linux-i586.bin   have I typed in the
correct address.  Also, My desktop has a capital D.

I am pausing here, because I know I can really screw things up if my command
is not right.

Steven