re grub error 17

Ray Burke rayburke30 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:35:25 UTC 2009

Herve,

Cant I do this $ df /boot in the terminal window in 'K'

also can the $ dd if=/dev/sdc of=/dev/sdb be done with k loaded as
the system is not using xp pro drive and the external usb drive these
two addresses would be dev/sda1 for xp pro and dev/sdh1 for the external
usb drive, there fore the command in the terminal window would read
$ dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/dev/sdh1 ????????????

as I dont understand why I would load up the live cd for K??????

ray

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:16:51 +0100Subject: Re: re grub error 17From: Herve at lucidia.netTo: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.comHi Ray,