re grub error 17

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Mon Jan 19 16:00:45 UTC 2009

You can clone the full HD in Linux using dd:
* connect source and dest HDs
* boot from a LiveCD (Kubuntu ones are fine)
* from a terminal, type:
$ dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb
... where /dev/sda is the device associated with your source HD and /dev/sdb
to the destination.
Quadruple-check that you know which is which as there is no way back!!!

HTH
Hervé