How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Joel Oliver joelol75 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 14:01:05 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>> To "cat them together" use the "cat" command to merge the files:
>>>
>>> $ cat file1.avi file2.avi > output.avi
>>>
>>> "cat": the name of the command
>>> "file1.avi file2.avi": the list of files to be combined
>>> ">": output pipe
>>> "output.avi": the name of the output file
>>>
>> Again, this is flat-out wrong.

Wrong yes, don't cat .avi files.  Otherwise it works fine!

joel at serveftp4:~$ echo "What the hell is" > file1.txt
joel at serveftp4:~$ echo " wrong with this????" > file2.txt
joel at serveftp4:~$ echo " Besides YOU SHOULDN'T CAT AVI FILES" > file3.txt
joel at serveftp4:~$ cat file* > mail.txt
joel at serveftp4:~$ cat mail.txt
What the hell is
 wrong with this????
 Besides YOU SHOULDN'T CAT AVI FILES

There... 2 simple examples of redirection and using cat two different
ways to get a message across... pasted right of the terminal. What
didn't work right?

Joel