Fixed addresses for 8.04?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jan 18 22:24:02 UTC 2009

Greetings;

I am trying to get a box with 8.04 on it, set up for a fixed network address.

Since it appears that the normal configuration (ifcfg-eth0 and friends) files
have been deprecated and NM is doing it all, so how can I make it use a fixed
local address?  Setting the hostname and hosts files up correctly doesn't do
it. NM apparently ignores everything but the hostname.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)