How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 16:03:36 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 3:15:57 am Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > Dear Matt,
> >
> > Do you know how to merge 2 .rar's?
>
> RAR is an archive file, so it's different.  Can you start by cd'ing to
> the folder where the rars are then running:
>
> ls -lh *.rar
> sudo apt-get install unrar-free

I already have newest version installed.

> unrar-free -t *.rar

steven at Studio25:~$ cd /media/sdb5/Films
steven at Studio25:/media/sdb5/Films$ unrar-free -t *.rar
unrar-free: invalid archive '*.rar': Bad address
Usage: unrar-free [OPTION...] ARCHIVE [FILE...] [DESTINATION]
Try `unrar-free --help' or `unrar-free --usage' for more infor
mation.
steven at Studio25:/media/sdb5/Films$ unrar-free --help
Usage: unrar-free [OPTION...] ARCHIVE [FILE...] [DESTINATION]
Extract files from rar archives.

  -x, --extract              Extract files from archive (defau
lt)
  -t, --list                 List files in archive
  -f, --force                Overwrite files when extracting
      --extract-newer        Only extract newer files from the
archive
      --extract-no-paths     Don't create directories while ex
tracting
  -p, --password             Decrypt archive using a password
  -?, --help                 Give this help list
      --usage                Give a short usage message
  -V, --version              Print program version

Report bugs to <benasselstine at canada.com>.
steven at Studio25:/media/sdb5/Films$ unrar-free --usage
Usage: unrar-free [-xtfp?V] [--extract] [--list] [--force] [--
extract-newer]
            [--extract-no-paths] [--password] [--help] [--usag
e] [--version]
            ARCHIVE [FILE...] [DESTINATION]
steven at Studio25:/media/sdb5/Films$

I did not understand where I was going with the last command, so I couldn't
understand what I might get from help or usage.  Here we go again, but I am
excited.

Steven