How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 15:39:32 UTC 2009

> That was OK so far, now you should append the second movie.
> Select "Append..." from the "File" menu. Select the second movie and
> click "Open". You can append more files if necessary using this method.
> Finally save the combined video with "File" -> "Save" -> "Save Video...".
> Enter a new name for the video (use a ".avi" extension) and click "Save".

Thanks Nils, however, last night I had a ball.  After understanding the
process using the konsole, I joined about a dozen movies using avimerge.  I
laughed for hours, I was having so much fun.  When I typed in the '-o'
or '-i', I would laugh, because I would see those symbols as output and
input.  And doing the work with understanding was just glorious.

In fact, I can't wait to absorb the logic of each of the commands and
arguments and their reasons for being applied as they are.  It makes a person
feel more intelligent, something I rarely get the experience of feeling.  And
I really don't believe I am as stupid as I appear.  I seriously don't think I
can get a joining of avi's experience to happen as fast with a GUI, now.  I
could never get the satisfaction of seeing the computer take off after being
told what to do properly.  Exhilarating is the only description that
qualifies.

Thanks though for the GUI instruction.  I want to conquer it too.  Perhaps
then I can, from time to time, do my part in helping others.  You guys are so
great.

Cordially,
Steven