How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Jan 18 09:49:29 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> > You can install the package "avidemux" or "avidemux-qt" and you will
> > find the program in K-menu -> Multimedia.
>
> Both avidemux and avidemux-qt installed when I installed avidemux.

OK, then which one did you select from the Multimedia menu? They
are "Avidemux (GTK+)" and "Avidemux (QT)". I'll describe it for the QT
version but it is very similar if not identical with the GTK+ version.

> After installation here is what I did:
>
> Open>File System>Media>sda7>Movies>O Jerusalem I.avi
>
> A progress window opened the file.  When it closed, I got a black
> screen.

That was the first picture of the movie. For other movies it may not be a
black screen.

> I clicked play and I got a memory-weak playing of the movie,
> so I closed all other activities.  It still was a little memory weak,
> but played with some stuttering of the sound.

Well, that probably depends on your machine but it isn't important because
the sound of the final movie isn't recorded while playing the movie but
it is derived from the original data of the movie file. Actually it is
copied if you don't change the default settings.

> At this point what do I do?  Or should I not have
> clicked on Play and clicked on something else?

That was OK so far, now you should append the second movie.
Select "Append..." from the "File" menu. Select the second movie and
click "Open". You can append more files if necessary using this method.
Finally save the combined video with "File" -> "Save" -> "Save Video...".
Enter a new name for the video (use a ".avi" extension) and click "Save".

Nils